Thursday, August 14, 2014

LIfe long friends

What an interesting week this has been yet again!

So....My whole time here in the Philippines, learning Tagalog I've never really said anything that has been completely wrong and embarrassing.  Yes I get grammar wrong and words mixed up and what not but nothing super embarrassing....until last week!  So Sister Mole and I went to the salon to get our hair cut...well she ended up coloring her hair and I had time to wait so the lady talked me into getting a manicure and pedicure.  So we were all sitting there chatting and one of the guys that worked there was a former investigator where he lives so he knows a lot about the church.  The lady asked if I would like some coffee to which he quickly told her that it wasn't allowed!....That got us on the topic of the Word of Wildon and what we choose not to eat and drink...well he asked me if "sister"meaning sister Mole ate something........I thought he asked if we eat our sisters...as in do we eat people...oh my!  We had a good laugh!

There are 4 sisters who stay in our one apartment and Sister Basulgan usually cooks for us, but she has asked us to help out by cooking a meal or two each week...They wanted American..so I made BBQ Pork...Can you get much more American then that!!  And they made me giggle, they walked up to the table that had the pork, hamburger buns, and chips and asked, "Wheres the rice?"  And they werent joking!  They were very confused as to why there was no rice.  But youknow what?!  Ther were actually full even though there was no rice.

We had a really great week for finding new people to teach. We received a referral for a young lady named Michelle. She is 22 years old, has a 5 year old who is staying with her parents in Province since she is here taking care of 2 elderly ladies..We invited her to come to church this Sunday and she said that she would.  And what do you know!  She showed up before we did.  But she loved it ans said that she can relate to everything that was being presented,  she even shed a few tears. But I talked to her about the people she is taking care of and what kind of illness they hat because she mentioned that they have to go to Dialysis, and what would you guess..They have kidney failure and do dialysis 2 times a week for 4 hours at a time!  This truly is a samll world and we all have experiences in our life so that we can help others in thier trials!  Sometimes theyjust arent as apparent as this.  I am so excited to get to know these amazing people better.  I can feel we are gonna be lfe long friends!  Its amazing how someone can automatically have a special place in your heart just because someone else who is special is already there!

I love being a missionary and seeing how the gospel truly is for everyone. And when someone comes unto Christ their world is immediately changes!  (Mosiah 2, Book of Mormon)  So if you need help, feel lost and in the dark, just turn on the light of the restored gospel!

I love you all, Have a great week and for everyone gong back to school...study hard, learn lots and NEVER forget who you are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment